How do you know which type of cooling tower design is the best solution for your cooling application?
This is such an innocent and simple question to ask and one that requires navigation through a complex decision tree of inter-related issues to arrive at an answer.
EvapTech’s Team has the experience, technology, and resources to help you sort through these and other issues to assure you specify and purchase the best possible cooling tower solution for your application. We invite you to learn more about EvapTech’s pre-engineered and custom designed cooling towers by selecting a product line from the list to the left.
The primary factors that influence the sizing, design, and price of a cooling tower include:
• The thermal performance condition: As a minimum you need to know the circulating water flow rate, supply or inlet (hot water) temperature, return or outlet (cold water) temperature, and entering wet bulb temperature and sometimes relative humidity.
• Site specific information: This includes project location, elevation, and climatic conditions, tower orientation and relationship to nearby equipment and structures.
• Physical limitations or preferences: These might impact the physical size and configuration of the cooling tower. For example, one might limit the tower length, width, or height, require a certain number of cells, or accommodate reuse of existing piping or other equipment.
• Special emission restrictions: These could include a specific sound level, drift rate, water consumption, or visibility of the cooling tower plume.
• Water quality: This is a significant factor that affects the type of fill media and materials of construction.
• Economic evaluation factors: Economic factors for fan and pumping energy, construction costs for concrete cold water basins, and connection costs for piping and electrical interfaces will influence tower size and price.
Even with this information there are more issues to consider and it becomes obvious there is a large number of cooling tower solutions to consider – counterflow or crossflow, inline or back-to-back, film or splash fill, fiberglass or treated wood structure, standard or low sound, normal or low drift rate …. and the list goes on.
Allow EvapTech help you find the best possible cooling tower solution for your application.